Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz180OnBB43

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Lovin'


I'm still alive! It's been forever since I've posted! I've been a busy bee this summer! Projects, projects, and projects.... Here are just a few.

An owl I just finished. I'm going to use it as a questioning owl. I think I am going to attach speech bubbles that say: Who, What, When, etc.


The above picture is a work in progress. We are having a garage sale at our house this weekend so I am sitting here painting.  This is a wooden cubby. I plan on using it for small group reading groups. We use the Treasures reading series. My approaching group kiddos are the apples (red) the onlevel group are the oranges (orange), the beyond group are the bananas (yellow). If I have a fourth group, they are the kiwis. This just helps me remember the level and the color.


I repainted and got new goodies for one of our guest bathrooms.

My husband and I LOVE to garden and plant things! We're regulars at Lowes clearance plant section! Ha! Ha! We have lots of places to plant things. This summer we planted lots of perennials.


Jewelry I made for my friend's wedding.

jewelry for another friend's wedding

We are in the process of bricking a sidewalk from our deck to our driveway. We're not finished yet! It's in the works.


On another school note....for all you Dr. Seuss fans...Target now has their Dr. Seuss things in the $1 section. I LOVE stocking up on these things for our Dr. Seuss reading cafe! (Click to find it on TPT).


 
Just a few back to school must haves....
I love this book to introduce fractions, but it is no longer in print. I ended up finding it for 98 cents online! Wahoo!

So I am on the chart marker band wagon. I just had to pick up a pack of these markers that everyone in blog land is ranting and raving about (Thanks Abby and Deanna!) :)


Finally, I think I have decided on my classroom theme for next year (I have been changing for the past four years...this will probably be the last new one before I start rotating). I have done team theme, hollywood, western, jungle... and now.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!

A few of the treasures I've found.


ROCK & ROLL!
It was between this and Pirate/Nautical, but I found more stuff for this!

I think that is all I have to share for now! I plan on posting again later! :)






Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I love how you do the reading groups, this is my first year with the series & the 'fruit' theme is going to help right off the bat! I loved your post & all your great ideas, thanks!
    ~Fern
    Fern-Smith.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make that darling owl?

    Sara Beth
    Missjohnsonsclassroom.blogspot.com
    Howtodresslikeateacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have been quite busy this summer. I love those summer projects.
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most effective method to position your business for accomplishment before you ever open your entryways. I will deliver how to maintain that business and accomplish gainfulness in an up and coming article. Cash Advance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before you consider an alternate wellspring of vehicle financing, you ought to exploit the internet financing cites that are accessible. On the off chance that you begin to seek through the choices that are accessible on the web, it is anything but difficult to contrast them with other financing terms you may get from your neighborhood bank. Check Cashing

    ReplyDelete
  6. . On account of these monetarily grieved times, there is countless requiring financing regardless of their chapter 11 status. What's more, since rivalry has ended up furious, it is less demanding to discover and arrange a really decent arrangement.Cash Advance

    ReplyDelete
  7. All things considered, there are sure keys that occur while deciding your accident protection rate. Most importantly, the auto that you are driving chooses for the most part how high of a rate you get. You have to drive something that is a few years of age and is a simple shading like white on the off chance that you need to arrive a shabby auto protection adolescent young men cite. Check Cashing Costa-mesa

    ReplyDelete
  8. A few people appreciate building and proceed onward to the following one once they've wrapped up. Lovers adore the surge of dashing nitro radio controlled autos as well. They're staggeringly boisterous and go at a rankling pace. You can even anticipate that a few vehicles will go past 50 mph!check cashing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping in mind the end goal to abstain from being extended past your methods, get an utilized auto advances to begin with, and after that visit a merchant. Then again, in the event that you visit a merchant to start with, odds are there that you will be convinced to consent to an arrangement that you discover hard to manage. Cash Advance Chicago

    ReplyDelete